Three firetrucks were dispatched but only one remained at Caroline High School late Thursday morning after a circuit breaker malfunctioned, which sent smoke into the career and technical education portion of the school. No one was injured and firefighters didn’t have to put out any fires.
Some students were sent to the gym and some were sent to the bus parking lot.
One student at the school commented, “It smells like burning tires or hot brakes.”
The 36-year-old school will undergo a major electrical overhaul as part of a $21 million expansion and renovation. The work is expected to be completed by August 2016.