The new McDonald’s in Ladysmith had a grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremony on Dec. 21. Members of the Caroline County Board of Supervisors (Chairman Floyd Thomas, Wayne Acors and Calvin Taylor) and Gary Wilson, the county’s economic development director, helped cut the ribbon, along with Craig Welburn Jr., and his family, owners/operators of the restaurant. Ronald McDonald provided a magic show.
This is the third McDonald’s in Caroline County. The others are in Bowling Green and Carmel Church.
McDonald’s has 34,000 restaurants in 118 countries and its total workforce is 1.8 million employees. The first McDonald’s opened in 1955 in Illinois. Ten years later, there were 700 throughout the United States.